Ultra High CMR, Small Outline, 5 Lead, High Speed Optocoupler
The Broadcom HCPL-M454 is a power module interface optocouplers.It is similar to Broadcom's other high speed transistor output optocouplers, but with shorter propagation delays and higher CTR. It also has a guaranteed propagation delay difference (tPLH-tPHL). These features make the HCPCL-M454 an excellent solution to IPM inverter dead time and other switching problems.
Its CTR, propagation delays, and CMR are specified both for TTL load and drive conditions and for IPM (Intelligent Power Module) load and drive conditions. Specifications and typical performance plots for both TTL and IPM conditions are provided for ease of applications.
This diode-transistor optocoupler uses an insulating layer between the light emitting diode and an integrated photon detector to provide electrical insulation between input and output. Separate connections for the photodiode bias and output transistor collector increases the speed up to a hundred times over that of a conventional photo-transistor coupler by reducing the base-collector capacitance.
- Function Compatible with HCPL-4504
- Surface Mountable
- Very Small, Low Profile JEDEC Registered Package Outline
- Compatible with Infrared Vapor Phase Reflow and Wave Soldering Processes
- Short Propagation Delays for TTL and IPM Applications
- Very High Common Mode Transient Immunity: Guaranteed 15kV/us at VCM = 1500 V
- High CTR: >25% at 25 degrees C
- Guaranteed Specifications for Common IPM Applications
- TTL Compatible
- Guaranteed ac and dc Performance Over Temperature: 0 degrees C to 70 degrees C
- Open Collector Output
- Recognized Under the Component Program of U.L. (File No. E55361) for Dielectric Withstand Proof Test Voltage of 3750 Vac. 1 Minute
- Lead Free Option "-000E"
- Inverter Circuits and Intelligent Power Module (IPM) Interfacing - Shorter propagation delays and guaranteed (tPLH - tPHL) specifications
- High Speed Logic Ground Isolation - TTL/TTL, TTL/LTTL, TTL/ CMOS, TTL/LSTTL
- Line Receivers - High common mode transient immunity (>15 kV/ms for a TTL load/drive) and low input-output capacitance (0.6 pF)
- Replace Pulse Transformers - Save board space and weight
- Analog Signal Ground Isolation - Integrated photon detector provides improved linearity over phototransistors
|Product Type||Intelligent Power Module|
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb & Pb-free options available|
|IF Min. (mA)||12.0|
|CTR Min. (%)||22.0|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||1.4|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||1.0|
|PDD Max (µs)||1.3|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||10000.0|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||3750|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||560.0|