Isolated Linear Sensing IC
The HCPL-7510 isolattion amplifier, linear current sensing IC is designed for current sensing in low-power electronic motor or servo drive applications.
In a typical implementation, motor current flows through an external resistor and the resulting analog voltage drop is sensed by the HCPL-7510. An output voltage is created on the other side of the HCPL-7510 optical isolation barrier. The single-ended output voltage is proportional to the motor current. Since common-mode votlage swings of several hundred volts in tens of nanoseconds are common in modern switching inverter motor drives, the HCPL-7510 was designed to ignore very high common-mode transient slew rates (of at least 10 kV/µs).
The high CMR capability of the HCPL-7510 isolation amplifier provides the precision and stability needed to accurately monitor motor current in high noise motor control environments, providing for smoother control (less "torque ripple") in various types of motor control applications.
The current sensor can also be used for general analog signal isolation applications. For general applications, we recommend the HCPL-7510 (gain tolerance of ±3%). The HCPL-7510 utilizes Sigma-Delta analog-to-digital converter technology to delivery offset and gain accuracy and stability over time and temperature.
This performance is delivered in a compact, auto-insert, industry standard 8-pin DIP package that meets worldwide regulatory safety standards. (A gull-wing surface mount option #300 is also available).
- 15 kV/µs common-mode rejection at Vcm = 1000 V
- Compact, auto-insertable 8-pin DIP package
- 60 ppm/°C gain drift vs. temperature
- -0.6 mV input offset voltage
- 8 µV/°C input offset voltage vs. temperature
- 100 kHz bandwidth
- 0.06% nonlinearity, single-ended amplifier output for low power application
- Worldwide safety approval:
UL 1577 (3750 Vrms/1 min.), CSA and IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-2 (Option 060 only)
- Advanced sigma-delta A/D converter technology
- Options available are:
300 = Gull Wing Surface Mount Option
500 = Tape and Reel Packaging Option
060 = IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-2 Option
000E = Lead Free Option
- Low-power inverter current sensing
- Motor phase and rail current sensing
- DC bus voltage sensing
- Switched mode power supply signal isolation
- General purpose low-power current sensing and monitoring
- General purpose analog signal isolation
RoHSPb & Pb-free options available
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb & Pb-free options available|
|Product Type||Miniature Isolation Amplifier|
|Operating Temperature Deg C||-40 to +85|
|Gain Error at 25 Deg C (%) Max||±3|
|VDD2 (V)||4.5 - 5.5|
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||15000.0|
|UL Insulation Rating Viso (VRMS)||3750.0|
|IEC Maximum Working Insulation Voltage Viorm (VPEAK)||891.0|
|IEC Highest Allowable Overvoltage Viotm (VPEAK)||6000|