High CMR Line Receiver Optocouplers
The HIGH CMR HCPL-2602/12 optocouplers are optically coupled line receivers that combine a GaAsP light emitting diode, an input current regulator and an integrated high gain photo detector.
The output of the detector IC is an open collector Schottky clamped transistor. An enable input gates the detector. The internal detector shield provides a guaranteed common mode transient immunity specification of 1000 V/ms for the 2602, and 3500 V/ms for the 2612.
The input regulator serves as a line termination for line receiver applications. It clamps the line voltage and regulates the LED current so line reflections do not interfere with circuit performance.The regulator allows a typical LED current of 8.5 mA
before it starts to shunt excess current.
The regulator allows a typical LED current of 8.5 mA before it starts to shunt excess current. The output of the detector IC is an open collector Schottky clamped transistor. An enable input gates the detector.
DC specifications are defined similar to TTL logic. The optocoupler ac and dc operational parameters are guaranteed from 0oC to 70oC allowing trouble-free interfacing with digital logic circuits. An input current of 5 mA will sink an eight gate fan-out (TTL) at the output.
The high CMR line receiver optocouplers are useful in high noise environments that conventional line receiver cannot tolerate. The higher LED threshold voltage provides improved immunity to differential noise and the internally shielded detector provides orders of magnitude improvement in common mode rejection with little or no sacrifice in speed.
- 1000 V/us Minimum Common Mode Rejection (CMR) at VCM = 50 V
- Line Termination Included - No Extra Circuitry Required
- Accepts a Broad Range of Drive Conditions
- LED Protection Minimizes LED Efficiency Degradation
- High Speed: 10 MBd (Limited by Transmission Line in Many Applications)
- Guaranteed AC and DC Performance over Temperature: 0oC to 70oC
- External Base Lead Allows "LED Peaking" and LED Current Adjustment
- Safety Approval:
- Options available are:
500 = Tape and Reel Packaging Option
XXXE = Lead Free Option
- Isolated Line Receiver
- Computer-Peripheral Interface
- Microprocessor System Interface
- Digital Isolation for A/D, D/A Conversion
- Current Sensing
- Instrument Input/Output Isolation
- Ground Loop Elimination
- Pulse Transformer Replacement
- Power Transistor Isolation in Motor Drives
RoHSPb & Pb-free options available
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||1000.0|
|RoHS6 Compliant||Pb & Pb-free options available|
|Max Qty of Samples||20|
|Product Type||Line Receiver|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||100.0|
|Prop Delay tPHL Uom||ns|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||100.0|
|Prop Delay tPLH Uom||ns|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||100.0 ns|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||100.0 ns|