USB and PCI I/O Accelerators
PCI I/O Accelerators
Broadcom's PCI 9000 Series provides the most advanced, broadest range of general-purpose, PCI-to-local bus bridges available. Our product offering includes two types of I/O Accelerators: Targets and Masters.
PCI Bus Master I/O Accelerators
- Support Direct Slave and Direct Master Operation
- Allow Processor/local Bus Master Devices to Access Memory and Other Devices on the PCI Bus
- Support DMA, Allowing Masters on Either Bus to Direct the Chip to Perform Data Transfers
- Provide an Ideal Solution for Intelligent Peripheral Devices and Embedded Hosts
PCI Target I/O Accelerators
- Allow PCI Bus Master Devices to Access Memory and Other Slave Devices on a Local Bus
Broadcom USB Controllers offer superior performance, strict compliance to industry standards, dramatic power savings. NetChip USB controllers are widely used in: printers, portable media players, GPS systems, TV tuners, PCs, laptops, notebooks, WLAN devices, mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders.
- Fast Data Transfer Rates
- Migration of PCI Designs to USB
- Significant Power Savings
- Smallest Footprint
- Software-ready Solution
USB Duet connects a netbook PC to another PC with a USB cable. This allows users to:
PLX Technology's PCI 9000 Series provide the most advanced, broadest range of general-purpose, PCI-to-local bus bridges available. Our product offering includes two types of I/O Accelerators: Targets and Masters.
What is USB Duet?
USB Duet connects a netbook PC to another PC with a USB cable
This allows users to
- Share another PC's optical disc drive (ODD) to install software, burn or rip CD/DVDs, perform HDD recovery, and upgrade OS
- Connect to another PC for file sharing and sync
- Connect to iPad, HDTVs, printers, gaming consoles, DVD players, and more!
Key Features & Applications
- 480Mb/s up to 5Gb/s performance!
- Secure connection
- Simple to use, "It just works!"
- Optical Disc Drive (ODD) Sharing
- File Sharing
- System Setup & Recovery
Optical Disc Drive (ODD) Sharing
Share another PC's optical disc drive (ODD) with the netbook PC to allow users to
- Install new software from a CD-ROM disc (e.g. MS Office)
- Burn media and data files from the netbook PC directly to CD or DVD discs
- Recover the netbook PC's HDD using a recovery DVD
- Upgrade the netbook PC's OS with an install DVD-ROM disc
ODD Sharing provides end user cost savings because they will not need to buy an external ODD for their netbook PC
Share files using a virtual USB thumb drive that resides on the netbook PC
- User chooses what files to put in the virtual drive for sharing
- Connect the USB cable and virtual drive appears on the other PC
- Directly connect to HDTVs, DVD players, and Gaming Consoles, and to share media files (e.g. play slideshow)
Security prevents access to virtual drive when netbook PC is in these modes: Log Off, Locked, Sleep/Hibernate, Shutdown. File sharing is supported in Windows (XP, Vista, 7) as well as certain instant-ON OS (for quick sharing).
System Setup & Recovery
Enhances the "Out-of-the-Box Experience" (OOBE) for consumers setting up a new netbook
- Connect new netbook to existing PC to migrate settings, bookmarks, music, pictures, etc. to the new netbook PC
Backup/Restore netbook PC's entire HDD or partition(s) to/from another PC
- Connects like an external HDD to another PC
- User recovers HDD image using a recovery DVD-ROM disc
- Increased HDD Storage Space
- No need to store recovery HDD image on netbook PC HDD
Infinite possibilities for new apps in Intel Netbook App Store. Developers can develop new apps to work on USB Duet-enabled netbook PCs and post them on the Intel Netbook App Store for purchase.
New apps ideas include...
- Internet Connection Sharing
- KVM - Share primary PC's keyboard, mouse, and monitor for more comfortable use at home/office
- Outlook Sync - Sync Outlook and My Documents data to and from a user's primary PC