SAS3316 12Gb/s SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC)
Increase direct-attached drives in entry-level RAID storage systems with a cost-effective, single-chip solution
This fourth-generation SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC), based on its Fusion-MPT architecture, integrates the latest enhancements in SAS and PCIe technology. For OEMs and server vendors looking to build enterprise-class data protection and throughput into their entry to mid-range servers, the SAS 3316 ROC is an ideal, cost-effective choice.
The 16-port ROC device provides SAS data transfer rates of 12, 6 and 3Gb/s per lane and SATA data transfer rates of 6 and 3 Gb/s per lane. The high-port count ROC helps eliminate storage bottlenecks with eight PCI Express® 3.0 lanes and complies with the PCIe 3.0 specification that extends the PCIe data rates up to 8.0GT/s per lane.
- Balance protection and performance for critical applications with MegaRAID levels 0, 1, 1E, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60
- Reduce EMI with Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC) and protect confidential data with data encryption
- Detect and recover data corruption with T-10 Optical Support and T-10 End-to-End Data Protection (EEDP)
- Take advantage of 12Gb/s speeds while utilizing 6Gb/s drives and backplanes with DataBolt bandwidth aggregation technology
- Deliver improved performance with SATA drives with SATA FIS-based switching
- Available only to OEMs through direct sales