SAS3516 12Gb/s SAS Tri-Mode RAID-on-Chip (ROC)
PCIe to 16-port SAS/SATA/PCIe ROC featuring Tri-Mode SerDes Technology
This fifth-generation SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC) is based on its Fusion-MPT architecture. This next-generation ROC delivers enhanced performance and power reductions over previous generations. The ROC features Tri-Mode SerDes technology that enables a seamless operation of PCIe, SAS or SATA storage devices from any system design.
The 16-port Tri-Mode ROC device provides SAS data transfer rates of 12, 6 and 3Gb/s per lane and SATA data transfer rates of 6 and 3 Gb/s per lane. The high-port count ROC helps eliminate storage bottlenecks with eight PCI Express® 3.0 lanes and complies with the PCIe 3.1 specification that extends the PCIe data rates up to 8.0GT/s per lane.
- Balance protection and performance for critical applications with MegaRAID levels 0, 1, 1E, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60
- Reduce EMI with Spread Spectrum Clocking (SSC) and protect confidential data with data encryption
- Detect and recover data corruption with T-10 Optical Support and T-10 End-to-End Data Protection (EEDP)
- Take advantage of 12Gb/s speeds while utilizing 6Gb/s drives and backplanes with DataBolt bandwidth aggregation technology
- Supports up to 2,000 SAS or SATA devices and 10,000 outstanding IOs and can achieve over 1 million IOs per second
- Available only to OEMs through direct sales