Single-Chip Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with Integrated FM Transceiver
Cost-effective solution for portable devices like mobile handsets and media players that require Bluetooth, an FM receiver/transmitter and advanced music functionality.
At the software layer, the BCM2049 builds upon Broadcom's BCM2048 Bluetooth + FM receiver API, making it fully backward compatible. The BCM2049's Bluetooth core is optimized for low current consumption and a minimal external bill-of-materials costs, while maintaining high receiver sensitivity and up to +10 dBm of transmit output power. The Bluetooth core is fully Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR compliant. SmartAudio® technology has also been added to enhance voice quality by supporting packet loss concealment and wide-band speech. In conjunction with Broadcom's BTE-Mobile software stack, the BCM2049 supports multiple simultaneous Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) streams, enabling music sharing between several stereo Bluetooth headsets.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR specification compliant with on-chip, integrated, Class 1 power amplifier for extended range
- Monolithic, 65 nm CMOS, single-die Bluetooth HCI controller and FM transceiver integration
- 65 MHz to 108 MHz FM Transceiver + RDS/RBDS band support for worldwide coverage with support for external or internal FM antenna configurations
- SmartAudio technology, improving voice and music quality to Bluetooth headsets and FM transmission
- Supports FM-over-Bluetooth (A2DP) while host baseband processor is in sleep mode
- Smart Devices