Ultra Low Power Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 4.2 Combo Chip
The BCM43012 is an ultra low power 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 combo chip from Broadcom for mobile platforms and accessories.The BCM43012 delivers up to 3X longer battery life compared to Broadcom’s previous combo chips, enabling OEMs to design a new wave of high-performance connected devices.
The BCM43012 allows OEMs to integrate Wi-Fi into platforms that have traditionally been powered by Bluetooth alone because of battery size or constrained power budgets. In some applications, the BCM43012 Wi-Fi consumes 80 percent less power than the most common Bluetooth solutions today. This significant reduction in Wi-Fi power consumption enables OEMs to leverage the increased throughput and range of Wi-Fi to deliver new use cases in a wide variety of devices.
- Highly-integrated 28nm dual-band 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.2 SoC
- Integrated efficient power amplifiers (PAs), low noise amplifiers (LNAs), and power management unit (PMU) for low rest of bill of materials (RBOM) cost and small system footprint
- Architectural improvements provide unrivaled low power in sleep and active states for both Wi-Fi and BT
- Coexistence hardware and algorithms to ensure optimal Wi-Fi and BT performance
- WLAN features include enhanced proximity and location features enabled by 802.11mc and TurboQAM® data rates up to 96 Mb/s
- Bluetooth features include AoA/AoD technology, wireless charging support for A4WP and AirFuel, and early adopter 2 Mb/s Low Energy protocol capability
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Gaming Devices
- Portable Audio/Media/Gaming Devices
- Smart Devices
- Wireless Headphones
- Wireless Speakers