Wi-Fi Direct™ & Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Chip for PCs & Notebooks
Combines Wi-Fi Direct™ connectivity with seamless proximity-based pairing, dramatically simplifying wireless connectivity in the home.
The combo chip supports a variety of platforms including next-generation Windows® and Android™-based systems. The single-die BCM43142 is a 40nm device providing coexistence improvements over earlier InConcert® PC combo modules, as well as a significant reduction in footprint, lower bill-of-materials and a 40 percent reduction in power consumption, providing a cost-effective, compact and high-performance solution for the PC market. The BCM43142 software development kit includes APIs for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), Bluetooth High Speed and 802.11n Wi-Fi Direct™ functionality. This allows devices to automatically recognize and communicate with each other directly, delivering innovative applications such as proximity-based PC security, routerless collaboration and instant photo/video sharing. The chip also provides support for coexistence schemes with additional wireless technologies such as LTE™ and WiMAX®.
- Supports single-stream IEEE 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.0 + HS. BCM43142 is the PC industry's first combo chip with Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0 (BLE 4.0) certification.
- Features integrated power amplifiers and a low-noise amplifier
- The software package includes APIs for BT4.0+HS, BLE and Wi-Fi Direct™, which enables devices to communicate directly with one another without having to interact with an access point
- Optimized for cost and power
- Available in a 68-pin QFN package and uses the PCIe™ interface for Wi-Fi and USB interface for Bluetooth
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices