5G WiFi 802.11ac Client
Implements the one- and two-stream 802.11ac specification to enable speeds up to 433 and 867 Mb/s, respectively, and is backward compatible with Not Recommended for New Design 802.11b/g/a/n devices.
This product family is used as client devices in smartphones, tablets, set-top boxes, digital televisions, PC products and other products requiring small size and low-power connectivity solutions. Each product has a single-chip dual-band transceiver that integrates all the major functional blocks in a complete 802.11ac wireless sub-system, including radio, baseband and MAC, along with, depending on customer application requirements, Bluetooth and FM radio. These highly integrated solutions provide the increased coverage and throughput performance required for high-quality video and media applications in the home and enterprise and can be added to any end product regardless of the application processor used.
- Single-stream and dual-stream IEEE 802.11ac solution with data rates up to 433.3 and 866.7 Mb/s
- Full IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n dual-band Not Recommended for New Design compatibility with enhanced performance
- Supports 20, 40 and 80 MHz channels — up to double the bandwidth of 802.11n solutions — with optional SGI (256 QAM modulation)
- 256-QAM, a higher-order modulation scheme that increases data transfer efficiency
- 802.11ac-compliant transmit beamforming, low-density parity check codes (LDPC) and space-time block coding (STBC) for extended coverage.
- Broadcom's TurboQAM® technology implements the highest data-rate 256 QAM mode in 2.4 GHz and enables up to 33 percent faster throughputs than 802.11n speeds when communicating with other 5G WiFi devices
- Support for integrated and external power amplifiers and low-noise amplifiers
- Key high-throughput mobility interfaces, including SDIO 3.0, PCIe and USB 3.0
- Built-in media processing to off-load host processor and advanced idle power consumption performance, which significantly extends mobile device's battery life
- Integrated Bluetooth and FM radio cores
- Advanced multiradio coexistence between 5G WiFi, Bluetooth and LTE subsystems
- Set-Top Boxes
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions