Low-Power 802.11b/g Transceiver
Wireless LAN solution combines a highly integrated single-chip Wi-Fi transceiver and radio with an innovative software architecture that drastically reduces the system's total power consumption.
The BCM4326 targets the growing ecosystem of portable and consumer electronics products that feature Wi-Fi networking technology. Whereas alternative Wi-Fi solutions can quickly drain the batteries of small mobile devices, Broadcom's low-power chips intelligently manage how they transmit and receive data packets, delivering high-performance wireless capabilities while extending battery life. Based on an advanced architecture tailored to power optimization, the BCM4326 integrates an 802.11b/g 2.4 GHz radio and all Wi-Fi MAC and baseband circuitry on a single CMOS chip. As the latest addition to the 54g family of Wi-Fi products, the BCM4326 provides advanced software features while benefiting from prior 54g software developments, which have shipped in over 100 million chips worldwide.
- Low power consumption improves battery life of Wi-Fi devices, including handheld devices and consumer electronics.
- Highly integrated one-chip MAC, baseband, direct conversion radio and ARM7™ processor for low-power embedded applications.
- Designed to meet exacting requirements of mobile devices, including small form factor, ultra-low power consumption and low cost.
- SmartRadio® continuous calibration reduces test time and improves manufacturability.
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices