Single-Chip 5G WiFi 802.11ac MAC/Baseband/Radio with Bluetooth 4.0+HS & FM Receiver
Integrates a complete, single-stream 5G WiFi system — including the MAC, PHY and RF — with Bluetooth 4.0, FM radio and software on a single silicon die.
The platform-agnostic design and integration of the MAC, PHY and RF allows the BCM4335 to be added to any smartphone or tablet regardless of the application processor used. Designed in a 40 nm CMOS (Complimentary Metal-oxide Semiconductor) process, the new chips are smaller and more power efficient, giving customers more design freedom. The BCM4335 features Broadcom's wireless coexistence technology — Handset makers can use this technology on 4G LTE™ cellular platforms to minimize the possibility of radio interference between Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LTE, which operate in adjacent radio frequencies. Broadcom's Global Coexistence Interface supports the Bluetooth Special Interest Group's (SIG) LTE coexistence scheme and can be applied to future Broadcom LTE platforms, as well as 4G cellular platforms from other vendors.
- Single-stream IEEE 802.11ac solution with data rates up to 433.3 Mb/s
- Full IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Not Recommended for New Design compatibility with enhanced performance
- Supports 20, 40 and 80 MHz channels with optional SGI (256 Quadrature Amplitude Modulation)
- The BCM4335 features advanced idle power consumption performance, which significantly extends a mobile device's battery life
- Broadcom's TurboQAM® technology implements the highest data-rate 256-QAM mode in 2.4 GHz and enables devices equipped with the BCM4335 to deliver 10 percent faster throughputs than 802.11n speeds when communicating with other 5G WiFi devices
- Key high-throughput mobility interfaces, including SDIO 3.0, PCIe® and HSIC, make it suitable for smartphone, tablet and computing platforms
- Advanced beamforming (IEEE 802.11ac/n), Low-Density Parity Check (LDPC) code and Space-Time Block Code (STBC) support for better coverage and more reliable connectivity
- Built-in media processing to off-load host processor
- Integrated support for Wi-Fi Direct™, Wi-Fi Certified Miracast™ and Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint™ technologies
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices