Intensi-fi® Single-Chip 802.11n Enterprise Solution
A complete System on a Chip (SoC) that accelerates time-to-market and reduces development costs for enterprise 802.11n access points.
The 65 nm BCM4342 combines an 802.11 media access controller (MAC), a baseband processor, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios, and other Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) components onto a single silicon die. This high level of integration not only reduces the footprint and BOM cost, but also cuts power consumption in half. As a result, enterprise access points can now operate simultaneously on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands while being powered by a company's existing Power over Ethernet (802.3af) infrastructure. Broadcom's unique Intensi-fi® architecture delivers data rates of up to 300 Mb/s, maintains wireless connections over a larger coverage area and offers the greatest channel capacity of any 802.11n solution. When the BCM4342 is paired with FASTPATH® Unified Access Point Software, the turnkey solution enables wireless access points (APs) that extend the business-critical features of a company's wired network while bringing the benefits of 802.11n to mobile workers.
- Enables standalone and managed APs that work seamlessly with switch infrastructure to streamline the transition to a managed WLAN architecture 802.11n Draft 2.0-compliant Wi-Fi solution
- Fully compatible with IEEE 802.11n Draft 1.0 and 802.11a/b/g Not Recommended for New Design devices
- Two transmitters and two receivers with optional 802.11n Draft 2.0 modes allow data rates supporting 300 Mb/s
- Single-chip 65 nm CMOS (Complimentary Metal-oxide Semiconductor) integration and low-power modes result in a 50 percent power reduction compared to previous generation solutions, enabling the lowest power dual-concurrent enterprise APs on the market
- Enterprise WLAN
- Access Points
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices