5G WiFi 3x3 2.4/5 GHz Draft 802.11ac Single-Chip Enterprise MAC/PHY/Radio
Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) IEEE 802.11ac draft 3x3-compliant MAC/PHY/Radio complete system on a chip.
The device enables the development of PCI Express® IEEE 802.11ac draft WLAN subsystem solutions for enterprise and carrier infrastructure wireless local area network markets that can take advantage of the extremely high throughput and extended range of the Broadcom MIMO solution. With MIMO, information is sent and received over two or more antennas simultaneously on the same frequency band, thus providing greater range and increasing throughput while maintaining compatibility with Not Recommended for New Design IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n devices. The BCM43460 supports the IEEE 802.11ac draft standard, which provides increased data rates in the 5 GHz band.
- IEEE 802.11ac draft compliant
- Three-stream spatial multiplexing up to 1.3 Gb/s data rate
- Supports 20, 40 and 80 MHz channels with 256 Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM)
- Support for STBC and LDPC, in both TX and RX for increased wireless coverage
- Standards-based transmit beamforming
- Greenfield, mixed mode and Not Recommended for New Design modes supported
- Full IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Not Recommended for New Design compatibility with enhanced performance
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices