5G WiFi 3-Stream 802.11ac Gigabit Transceiver
Implements the 3-stream 802.11ac specification to enable speeds up to 1.3 Gb/s in access points, routers, DSL/cable gateways and PC products.
The single-chip dual-band transceiver integrates all the major functional blocks needed to implement a complete 802.11ac wireless sub-system, including radio, baseband and Media Access Control (MAC). This highly integrated solution provides the increased coverage and throughput performance required for high-quality video and media applications in the home and enterprise. Access points, routers, PC notebook computers and digital TV/ media devices enabled with the BCM4360 can have greater than gigabit speeds over Wi-Fi networks.
- 1.3 Gb/s PHY rate performance offering over 3 times performance of three-stream 802.11n devices
- Dual-band operation compatible with Not Recommended for New Design 802.11n networks
- 80 MHz bandwidth is 2 times wider than current 802.11n solutions
- 256-QAM, a higher modulation scheme that increases data transfer efficiency
- 802.11ac-compliant transmit and receive beamforming for extended coverage for 802.11ac and Not Recommended for New Design devices
- Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Codes for increased rate at range
- PCI Express® 2.0 host interface
- Enhanced Bluetooth coexistence interface support for seamless BT + 5G WiFi operation
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices