Intensi-fi® 802.11n Full-Featured 10/100 Processor
AirForce® BCM4704/BCM4703 wireless networking processors are high-performance, low-power System-on-a-Chip (SoC) devices designed to support all IEEE wireless networking standards.
These devices offer features such as simultaneous dual-band operation, an expandable platform and fast time-to-market that differentiate end products. Rich in integrated hardware and software features, the BCM4704/BCM4703's designs are optimized for use in IEEE 802.11a/g access points and routers. The BCM4704/BCM4703 integrate an advanced custom 400-DMIPS/300-MHz MIPS32® core with two 10/100 Ethernet Media Access Controls (MACs), V.92 codec interface and 2-way, set associative, 16-KB I-cache and 16-KB D-cache. In addition to all MIPSII instructions, the MIPS® core includes extra instructions that optimize the Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms used for communications, audio and video applications. An integrated MMU, with a 32-entry TLB, provides support of multithreaded operating systems such as the standard distribution Linux®. The V.92 data/fax/voice modem interfaces to an external serial modem codec/DAA. It also has two 10/100 Ethernet MACs that are ideal for residential gateways routing information between the WAN port and one or more Ethernet LAN ports.
- High-performance wireless networking processor capable of Ethernet routing while hosting IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, and IEEE 802.11g interfaces
- Advanced 400-DMIPS/300-MHz MIPS32® CPU core, 16-KB I-cache and 16-KB D-cache, MMU/TLB RTOS support, including Linux®, VxWorks®, and Windows® CE.NET
- High-performance processor allows wireless access points and routers to run in IEEE 802.11a and IEEE 802.11g modes simultaneously
- Architecture optimized for wire-speed routing
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices