Intensi-fi® XLR 802.11n (2.4/5 GHz) Wireless Set-Top Box System on Chip
Provides 802.11n dual-band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) capabilities in a small package for set-top boxes, where compact form factors are important.
It also integrates a high-performance 300 MHz CPU architecture and offers options for Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet PHYs. The BCM4717V provides a superior MIMO radio and digital architecture, coupled with a high-power front-end to provide excellent whole-home wireless coverage. It leverages Broadcom's superior radio and digital architecture to maintain data rates of up to 300 Mb/s in either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. It also features Accelerange® Technology to ensure robust wireless signals over a larger coverage area, which is critical for video streaming and other low-latency applications. When coupled with the popular BCM7405 set-top box System on a Chip (SoC), a 4717V-based module enables an OEM to build an Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) solution that connects to the network wirelessly. Previously, multiple set-top boxes within a home were connected to one another and to the network via a wired solution (MoCa, HPNA, Ethernet).
- Primary operation on the 5 Ghz band to allow greatest frequency agility
- 2.4 Ghz is also supported for communication with Not Recommended for New Design devices
- MII/GMII connection to the IPTV host SoC such as BCM7405 Automatic detection of multimedia streams to enable quality of service processing
- Advanced interference mitigation features to ensure robust and reliable wireless video transport
- Added intelligence to enable reliable multicast traffic over a wireless network
- Direct support for three direct antenna inputs inside the Set-Top Box (STB) along with intelligent algorithms to increase performance regardless of location and orientation of the client device
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices