802.11b/g Reference Design with BroadRange® Technology
Third generation of Broadcom's single-chip wireless LAN client solutions, which combine a high-performance 2.4 GHz radio, 802.11a/g baseband processor, media access controller (MAC) and other radio components onto a single silicon die. This high level of chip integration reduces the size, cost and power consumption of a wireless LAN module, facilitating more opportunities to integrate 54g technology into networking equipment, PCs, peripherals and consumer electronic devices. The BCM4318E also features Broadcom's BroadRange® technology, a standards-compliant hardware enhancement that extends the range of 54g-based wireless devices. It uses advanced signal processing techniques to provide the industry's best receive sensitivity and to optimize transmit power control, enabling Wi-Fi users to maintain high-speed wireless connections at up to 50 percent further from an access point.
- First client solution to include BroadRange® technology, extending the range of wireless devices.
- High-performance receive sensitivity — greater than -73dBm at 54 Mb/s
- Reduces transmit power by 30 percent to extend the battery life of Wi-Fi devices and enable a variety of new Wi-Fi platforms with strict power requirements.
- Supports 125 High Speed Mode™ and SecureEasySetup® software, Broadcom's performance and ease-of-use features (but partners have the option of implementing these features).
- Personal Computers
- Portable Audio/Media/Gaming Devices
- Residential Broadband Gateways
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices