802.11n (2.4/5 GHz) Router Reference Design
Reference design provides dual-band (2.4 GHz/5 GHz) capabilities in a small package for 802.11n routers, access points, set-top boxes and digital televisions, where compact form factors are important.
It also integrates a high-performance 300 MHz CPU architecture and offers options for Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet physical layers. The BCM94717 reference design provides high-performance, cost-effective dual-band capabilities for a variety of 802.11n products. It leverages Broadcom's superior radio and digital architecture to maintain data rates of up to 300 Mb/s in either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. It also features Accelerange® Technology to ensure robust wireless signals over a larger coverage area, which is critical for video streaming and other low-latency applications.
- The BCM94717 reference design has a high-performance System-on-a-Chip (SoC) processor
- Draft IEEE 802.11n-compliant CPU/MAC/baseband/radio wireless router reference design
- Single-chip 65 nm design and two-layer printed circuit board reduce RBOM and enable 802.11n routers with smaller form factors
- Designed to work with various external switch arrangements, including 10/100/1000, 10/100, or a single-port PHY
- 802.11 Wireless LAN Solutions
- Smart Devices