AirForce® 802.11g Router System-on-Chip Reference Design with BroadRange® Technology
Combines 54g wireless LAN routing, Fast Ethernet switching and a MIPS instruction set processor into a single System-on-a-Chip (SoC).
The BCM5352E is the second generation of Broadcom's most integrated Wi-Fi router processor. It offers a top price/performance ratio, enabling manufacturers to build full-featured network products that deliver wireless and wired performance previously available from devices at up to twice the cost. The BCM5352E also features Broadcom's BroadRange® Technology, a standards-compliant hardware enhancement that extends the range of 54g-based wireless devices. The technology uses advanced signal processing techniques to provide excellent receive sensitivity, enabling Wi-Fi users to maintain high-speed wireless connections at up to 50 percent further from an access point.
- Integrates Broadcom's popular 54g wireless LAN router technology with its sixth-generation ROBOswitch™ Ethernet switch family
- First router solution to include BroadRange® Technology, improving the receive sensitivity and range of wireless routers.
- Wi-Fi CERTIFIED for WPA2™ (the 802.11i security extension) and WMM® (the QoS portion of the 802.11e standard).
- Supports 125 High Speed Mode™ and SecureEasySetup® software, Broadcom's industry-leading performance and ease-of-use features (but partners have the option of implementing these features).
- Notebook Computers
- Personal Computers
- PC Cards
- Digital Cameras
- Digital Video Cameras
- Portable Audio/Media/Gaming Devices
- Access Points
- Residential Broadband Gateways
Not Recommended for New Design
|Lifecycle||Not Recommended for New Design|