This course provides the technical and process information needed to provide on-site FRU maintenance and Level 1 Support of Brocade 8 Gbps Brocade Fibre Channel switches and Directors, including basic troubleshooting and information capturing to assist remote support personnel in the performance of problem determination activities.
Duration: 08 hours
Delivery type: WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe functional features, front and rear views, port numbering, optics, and cables for the following Brocade 8 Gbps Fibre Channel switches and Directors:
- Brocade 5100
- Brocade 5300
- Brocade DCX
- Brocade DCX-4S
- Identify and replace Field Replaceable Units (FRUs) for all Brocade 8 Gbps Fibre Channel switches and Directors.
- Manage firmware changes for all Brocade 8 Gbps Fibre Channel switches and Directors.
- Introduction to Fibre Channel Concepts (FC 101)
- Basic familiarity with Brocade SAN features
This course is for Service personnel who support multiple products in customer accounts where Brocade 8 Gbps Fibre Channel switches and Directors are deployed. Therefore, it is assumed that this training will be the initial training for the Service personnel and may be the only training they receive on this product.