Brocade GEN 5 SAN Design
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to successfully design and implement Storage Area Networks (SANs) utilizing Brocade Gen 5 products. Content includes design elements, SAN infrastructure, SAN software, data center design concepts, distance and extension, and migration. A lab demo provides a customer scenario that students can use to practice design skills learned during the class.
Duration: 9 hours
Delivery type: WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Define key SAN design terms, processes, and considerations
- Identify available hardware and software building blocks for designing a SAN
- Identify what information needs to be collected about current and target environments in order to design a SAN
- Create a SAN design to meet customer performance, availability, and scalability requirements
- Explain the advantages of, and how best to integrate 16 Gbps technology in an existing SAN
- Determine how to validate the implementation of a SAN design
- Select methodologies to optimize and tune a deployed SAN architecture
- Define security features in a SAN
- Describe the various documentation, components and deliverables for a SAN design project
Before taking this course, attendees should have taken the following courses or have working knowledge of:
This course is for SAN engineers, professional services personnel, pre-sales systems engineers, and anyone needing detailed foundational information to design and implement Brocade SANs.