Brocade Network Advisor For SAN
This course explores the configuration, management, and monitoring of Brocade Fibre Channel Storage Area Networks (FC SANs), using the Brocade Network Advisor management application. Topics include discovering and configuring SAN devices, as well as configuring Monitoring Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS) and Flow Vision.
BNA 200-SAN is available as a two-day Instructor-led or Virtual Classroom or as an online, self-paced, Web-based course (WBT) (duration approximately 6 hours).
Note: The Instructor-led and virtual classes include live, hands-on lab exercises. The Web-based course does not have lab exercises or prerecorded lab demonstrations.
Duration: 2 days ILT or 6 hours WBT
Delivery type: ILT; VCT; WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Install Brocade Network Advisor
- Configure the Brocade Network Advisor server
- Discover SAN and host devices using Brocade Network Advisor
- Create user accounts
- Perform configuration tasks, such as zoning, Virtual Fabrics, upgrade firmware, backup and compare configuration files
- Use Brocade Network Advisor to run reports and view logs
- Configure monitoring features such as COMPASS and Fabric Tracking, Auto Port disable, SNMP and syslog
- Configure MAPS and Flow Vision to monitor the fabric
- Create and share a custom dashboard with other users
- Use tools such as D_Port test and FC Trace route
- Capture a SupportSave for Brocade Network Advisor and from switches in the monitored SAN
Before taking this course, students should have equivalent knowledge of:
- BASA 200 (Brocade Associate Storage Administrator)
- BPSA 300 (Brocade Professional Storage Administrator)
This course is designed for network administrators, system administrators, network architects, systems engineers, and technical support engineers that are involved with installation, configuration, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting of Brocade Storage Area Neworks.