DCX backbone product administration
This PDF-only web-based offering provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to deploy and manage Brocade Backbone switches. Topics include Backbone chassis and blade hardware components. Backbone configuration, firmware management, and troubleshooting concepts are also covered. This training covers the DCX, DCX-4s, DCX 8510-4, and DCX 8510-8. Recorded lab demonstrations apply the concepts defined in the training.
Duration: 15 hours
Delivery Type: WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- List key differences between the DCX/DCX-4s and DCX 8510-4/8510-8.
- Differentiate between supported blades.
- Discuss port blade card architecture.
- Configure ICL connections between chassis.
- Perform initial setup on a Brocade chassis switch.
- Describe the firmware upgrade process for a Brocade Backbone switch.
- Perform management tasks using the CLI, Brocade Network Advisor, and Web Tools.
- Diagnose common hardware problems.
- Introduction to Fibre Channel Concepts (FC 101), or equivalent knowledge
- General knowledge of basic fabric administration including basic switch configuration, zone and port management.
- Six months experience with storage and storage area networks
This course is designed for storage administrators, SAN administrators, system administrators, SAN architects, and systems engineers involved in the design, deployment, and management of Brocade chassis-based SANs.