Introduction to Brocade SAN fabric resiliency
This self-paced, web-based training provides a high-level overview of Fabric Resiliency and the most commonly-experienced device behaviors. The course explains how to use Brocade products and features to protect your data center. It also provides an overview of, and best practices for implementing advanced Brocade Fabric OS features which identify, monitor, and protect Fibre Channel SANs from problematic device and media behavior.
This course is designed in part, to prepare students for the Brocade Accredited Fabric Resiliency Specialist exam.
Duration: 03 hours
Delivery type: WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe Fabric Resiliency
- Recognize factors affecting Fabric Resiliency
- Define congestion, latency and bottleneck
- Describe the common factors that cause a loss of buffer credits and how to manage buffer credits
- Utilize the Monitoring and Alerting Policy Suite (MAPS)
- Configure Flow Vision
- Identify the tools available to aid in troubleshooting
- SAN administration skills covered in Core Gen 5 SAN Administration (CFA 200) and Advanced Gen 5 SAN Administration (CFP 300), or equivalent knowledge.
This course is for SAN engineers, professional services personnel, presales systems engineers, support personnel or anyone else needing foundational information to implement and utilize tools that aid in Fabric Resiliency. This course is also for those who are preparing to take the BAFRS Accreditation.