Introduction to FICON
This web-based course (e-study) provides an introduction to FICON.
Delivery Type: WBT
Upon successful completion of this course the student should be able to:
- Define basic mainframe terms.
- Identify the characteristics of mainframe and FICON architecture.
- Recognize the features and benefits of FICON.
- Understand the relationship of FICON and Open Systems.
- List the factors to consider when creating a FICON/FCP intermixed environment.
- Recognize the functions of FICON Management Server (CUP support), and RMF to manage FICON implementations.
- Identify Brocade hardware and software products that support FICON.
Basic IT experience
All personnel responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and maintaining FICON solutions with Brocade products.