Introduction to the brocade 7840 extension switch
This self-paced, web-based training course provides an introduction to the Brocade 7840 Extension Switch.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Delivery type WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Review the FCIP technology.
- Describe the Brocade 7840 Extension Switch.
- Differentiate the capabilities of the Brocade 7840 from the Brocade 7800 and Fx8-24 blade.
- Describe the FCIP Tunnel Configuration Process.
- Configure FCIP Hot Code Load (HCL) Tunnels.
- Describe the updates to eARL (enhanced Adaptive Rate Limiting) and Compression.
- Configure a FCIP circuit for Path MTU Discovery (PMTUD).
- Discuss the new WAN performance test tool (WTOOL).
- Working knowledge of Brocade Fabric OS v7.2
- Working knowledge of Brocade Network Advisor v12.2
This course is for switch administrators, system integrators, support personnel, technicians and any user who needs detailed technical information about the administration, troubleshooting, and the implementation of Brocade switches.