This course provides students with the technical and process information needed to perform troubleshooting and data gathering tasks in Brocade Fibre Channel storage area networks (SAN), based on Fabric OS and 16 & 32 Gbps Brocade products.
Web-based and Instructor-led options are available for this course. The web-based option utilizes prerecorded lab demonstrations. The Instructor-led class offers hands-on lab exercises guided by an instructor.
Duration: 3 DAYS (ILT) OR 10 hours (WBT) 03days
Delivery Type: ILT; VCT; WBT
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Troubleshoot common issues in a Fibre Channel SAN
- Use Brocade Network Advisor to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot Fibre Channel SAN switched networks
- Gather troubleshooting data for Brocade Fibre Channel switches
- Demonstrate how to diagram a fabric using collected support data
- Use Fabric OS tools such as Flow Monitor, Flow Mirror, Clear Link Diagnostic Port (D_Port), and Monitoring and Alerting Policy (MAPS) to monitor and diagnose issues
- Identify what causes performance problems in Fibre Channel fabrics
- Discuss Brocade features and tools, such as Flow Monitor IO Insight, Fabric Performance Impact (FPI) and the Analytics Monitoring Platform (AMP), to identify and mitigate performance issues.
Before taking this course, students should have working knowledge of:
- Brocade Associate SAN Administrator (BASA 200) training or equivalent core SAN knowledge (fabrics, zoning, MAPS, trunking, long distance ISL, etc.)
- Brocade Professional SAN Administrator (BPSA 300) training or equivalent advanced SAN knowledge (Flow Vision, advanced MAPS, Virtual Fabrics, FC-FC routing, FCIP, etc.)
- Support personnel responsible for troubleshooting issues that may arise in a Fibre Channel SAN
- Advanced end-users looking to enhance network troubleshooting skills